Fall is our favorite time of year. It’s the time where we can break out our favorite cozy sweaters, over the knee boots and spruce up our home with some fun fall accents. We teamed up with Wayfair show you some of our favorite ways to spruce up your home (and your wine!) this season.
Let’s start with the most important thing first, Sangria. We found this delicious recipe courtesy of Eat Yourself Skinny. It was easy to make and has us easily transitioning from summer to fall.
APPLE CIDER SANGRIA
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1 bartlett pear, chopped
- 1 orange, sliced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (or cranberries)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 (750 ml) bottle favorite white wine
- 2½ cups fresh apple cider
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 cup club soda (add right before serving!)
- Place chopped apples, pears, orange slices, pomegranate seeds and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher. Pour in wine, apple cider, and vodka and mix well.
- Allow flavors to marinate in the fridge a few hours before serving then add club soda. The longer it sits the better! Cheers!(source: Eat Yourself Skinny)
Ok now let’s get to the fun part- home decor! I love pulling out my thick cozy blankets, fall scented candles and adding a touch of floral fall decor to spruce up my space. Since my home is adorned neutral decor it makes it easy during these seasons to add some accents of colors and texture to spruce up the space. I absolutely love soft thick knit blankets to drape over the side of the couch or add to your blanket basket (or ladder). They’re perfect for the chilly fall nights with a hot cup of cocoa and a good book. I will usually pair this texture in the same hue with some faux fur pillows to add a touch of coziness alongside my blankets. I am obsessed with candles and it has become the easiest way for me to add a fresh fall smell to the home. Throwing in a cute fall inspired floral arrangement finishes off my easy living room update from summer to fall!