I’ve dreamed about hosting a backyard soiree with some of my closest girlfriends for awhile. So when Personal Wine reached out it was as if the creative stars aligned and it felt like the perfect opportunity to have everyone come over to taste some rosé, eat some treats and enjoy each other’s company. Watching it all come to life thanks to some incredibly talented people was truly a dream come true!
Inspired by Style Me Pretty, we wanted to put together something that was both elegant and fun. We put together inspiration boards and sent them to the vendors (something I highly suggest doing) and from there our vision came to life. We wanted to share some tips on how to make throwing an event like this seamless and easy!
1. Inspiration Boards: Once you have a vision put it together with photos, this will help you narrow down vendors that align with this vision and make it easy on them to understand what you are looking for your event.
2. Vendors: Find vendors that align with your vision and understand your budget, needs, timeline etc. We were very fortunate to have some amazing vendors come together to make this event happen and each of them went above and beyond making our vision come together. While doing it all yourself might seem ideal (que Martha Stewart), often times we don’t have the time to really put it all together. We suggest leaving it to the professionals and letting them help make your vision come true! We still kept it simple by adding small touches such as using our own dishware and making the appetizers, but decided to outsource everything else and we are so happy we did!
3. Make it Personal: We loved the personalization created by Personal Wine, they added such a unique feel to the event. Their customization on the labels for both the wines we were tasting and the names on the mini bottles + etched glasses really added that personal touch to the event. I wish this is something I would have had when Chris and I got married. These would have made really cute thank you gifts for a bridal shower or even the wedding! Not only was the wine delicious, but the labels and detail really made the event memorable.
4. Create a Centerpiece for your Event: One of the highlights to this event was the Confete Party Box Balloon Garland and the Flower Wall by Wandering Blooms. It doubled not only as a photo backdrop but also framed the table where we sat to enjoy food + wine perfectly. I was lucky enough to already have an ivy wall in my backyard so the ladies were able to attach the florals and balloons to the existing wall. My jaw drop seeing this come together and I still can’t get over how beautiful it turned out! Now if only it could stay like that forever….
5. Take Note: Keeping the party interactive with wine tasting notes was the perfect way to get your guests involved in the wine! We had them share their favorite tastes, smell and notes they were getting on each wine (shared below!)
6. Have Fun! Relax and enjoy the wine, I mean that’s what everyone came for right?
1. Segura Viudas Cava Brut Rosé:Bright, light pink, with hints of fruit aromas of strawberry, redcurrant and grenadine. Refreshing on the palate, full of cherry fruit and a light acidity. A new bubbly favorite!
2. Mumm Napa Brut Rosé:A beautiful pink coral color and fresh, vivid aromas of black cherries, red berries and citrus. Pinot Noir notes bring in the extra fruitiness and Chardonnay adds a firm element.
3. All Day Rosé:Loaded with flavor and notes of wild strawberry, white raspberry, apricot, and rose petals. Sweet and refreshing, with a vibrant coral color and light fruit smell.
4. Whispering Angel Rosé:The perfect pink and our favorite of the four! With notes of Tart Bing cherry, jasmine, pear blossom and a hint of melon and lemon. So refreshing!
Huge thanks and shout out to our amazing vendors who helped make this all happen!
Wine provided by: Personal Wine
Photography: Zoë Burchard Studio
Linens, Glasses, and Serveware provided by: Wayfair
Balloon Garland: Confete Party Box
Florals: Wandering Blooms
Cake: Mixed by Jodi
Desserts: BB Nest Bakery