Still stuck on gift ideas? I’ve got you covered! Below are 25 gifts that give back![show_shopthepost_widget id=”3404983″]
1. Able: Is an incredible company that offers ethical fashion and is focused on ending poverty by providing opportunity for women.
Whether your purchase from Able is produced in Ethiopia, Mexico, Peru, or at our headquarters in Nashville, TN, each item has one thing in common: because it is made by women, it is leading all of us a step closer to the end of generational poverty.
2. Diff Eyewear: every pair purchased gives back a pair reading glasses to someone in need in communities around the globe. They also create pouches that are each handmade with love out of a vibrant East African textile, kitenge, which the fabric markets of Arua are known for.
The materials are purchased from local markets in Uganda, supporting the local economy and small-business owners. Plus, the use of up-cycled mattress (which would otherwise be thrown into trash pits) offers a protective padding to keep your sunglasses safe while also helping the environment. Each pouch has a tag signed by its tailor so you can know who made it.
3. Warby Parker: Warby Parker gives back in two ways: 1. Empowering adult men and women with training opportunities to administer basic eye exams and sell glasses for ultra-affordable prices. (This accounts for the majority of our distribution.) 2. Directly giving vision care and glasses to school-age children in their classrooms, where teachers are often the first to spot issues[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3405079″]
4. FEED Projects: was founded in 2007 by Lauren Bush with the simple idea of creating products that would engage people in the fight against hunger in a tangible way. Through each sale, FEED provides meals in countries where it is produced keeping the investment within their communities. Every one of their products has a number stamped on it that signifies the amount of meals or micronutrient packets provided with its purchase. Their products are produced under fair labor conditions and created with environmentally materials.
5. Love Your Melon: is dedicated to giving a hat to every child battling cancer and supporting the fight against pediatric cancer.
50% of net profit from the sale of all Love Your Melon products is given to the Love Your Melon Fund to support our nonprofit partners in the fight against pediatric cancer, create therapeutic experiences and fund charitable programming initiatives for children and families battling cancer.
5. Kiehls Collection for a Cause: This is a limited edition daily skincare set that supports with partial proceeds going to Feeding America. Feeding America’s mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and partners like Kiehls support to engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
6. Alice + Whittles: Not only are these cute rain boots extremely stylish they are also made with quality rubber sourced in Sri Lanka from the Fair Rubber Association. This association helps sourcing and developing in rubber communities by advising these businesses on who to source from, who needs the most help and what the best practices are. In simple they pay a premium for the rubber they source and this premium goes into a bank account managed by a committee of elected members from the rubber workforce. This Fair Trade premium is only to be used for the improvement of the working and living conditions of the rubber communities.
7. One Hope Wine: What a better gift than a wine that gives back! Each wine by One Hope is paired with a non-profit. To date they have helped adopt 57,000 pets, over 2 million meals to kids in need and 105,000 trees have been planted. You can read more on all of their amazing efforts and see their full list of wines here!
8. Lush Charity Pot: With every purchase of Lush Charity Pot, Lush donates 100% of the price (minus the taxes) to small grassroots organizations working in the areas of environmental conservation, animal welfare and human rights.[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3405027″]
9. Toms: For every purchase made through Toms online and in store they give back to someone in need! It started with giving back shoes and has since expanded to sight, clean water, safe birth, awareness to end gun violence and bullying. Their giving team works with partners around the globe to help provide products or services based on their needs! You can find out about their most recent projects here!
10. LSTN Speakers: Proceeds from sales of all LSTN products go towards giving hearing aids to people in need worldwide through our charity partner, Starkey Hearing Foundation. To date they have been able to help over 30,000 people!
11. Adventurist Backpack: Created by probably the world’s cutest couple, Matilda and Kelly were inspired to create a company that would give back in helping fight hunger. Adventurist Backpack was inspired by a backpacking trip the couple had taken across the world where they witnessed hunger and poverty and wanted to turn this into their mission to help those in need. Through every purchase made Adventurist donates 25 meals to families in need across the United States.
12. S’Well (Product) Red: Not only is S’wells mission to reduce landfill waste by ridding the world of plastic waterbottles by one cute S’well bottle at a time, but they also work with charities such as (RED) where 20% of the products proceeds go a global fund that supports (RED)’s efforts to fight AIDS.
13. 31Bits: 31Bits mission is aimed to provide a positive change in the world by providing skilled artisans with ethical working conditions and fair wadges. Each piece has a story- they work with artisans around the world to provide fair living wadges along with sourcing most of the materials within the community supporting local small businesses in each country. They offer so much from jewelry to home goods you will have a hard time not coming back again and again to fill your Christmas list![show_shopthepost_widget id=”3406379″]
14. STATE Bags: Another power couple Scot and Jacq has created STATE Bags that run on their mission for every STATE bag purchased, STATE hand-delivers a backpack – packed with essential tools for success – to a local child in need. Their commitment goes beyond just the donations by providing youth with the tools and opportunities to reach their fullest potential. They are working to create a positive impact to create a positive society! Read more about what they are doing in the community here.
15. Cuddle + Kind: Their purpose is simple: they want to make a differency by improving the lives of children so for every doll purchased they provide 10 meals to kids in need!
16. The Starling Project: Founded in 2015 by Sterling McDavid who was inspired by her travels around the world with UNICEF she created The Starling Project. With their motto: Light for Light, the Starling Project helps provide development of solar power systems by supporting UNICEF through the sales of their beautifully hand poured and crafted candles![show_shopthepost_widget id=”3405059″]
17. Thistle Farm: More than just products they provide a chance for women to rebuild and empower their life! Whether they’ve survived trafficking, prostitution or abuse Thistle Farm based out of Nashville provides a safe and supportive place for them to live, a meaningful job through their residence program and a lifelong sisterhood which includes support and counseling. Products are made from survivors and proceeds help support their programs and the women who have made them! Here is a quote from their site that moved me the moment I read it: “Love is the most powerful source in the world, because love has the power to heal”
18. Found my Animal: Fact- I am a total sucker for animals- all animals, but especially dogs. Found My Animal’s mission is to help promote adoption and fostering of pets through their stylish pet accessories!
19. Heifer International: Your purchase makes an impact to many artisans all over the world helping support their mission in ending hunger and poverty along with women’s empowerment and supporting small businesses around the world. In each product there is a description that has the artisan’s story and how your purchase impacts their life!
20. Sudara: Was founded in 2006 after Shannon Keith returned from a trip from India and had learned about the horrible sex trafficking rates and decided to make an impact for change. She had teamed up with family and friends and came up with Sudara to provide stylish loungewear while helping provide opportunities for living-wage jobs, skills training, and education to women in India.
21. Hooray for the Underdog: Janet and Joe both talented photographers decided they wanted to use their talents to give back. So they reached out to local animal shelters and rescue organizations to offer free portraits with the hopes of helping them find a home. Through their work they created Horray for the Underdog which are fun greeting cards of photos of rescue dogs and cats who were once abandoned and given a second chance at life through adoption! (this by the way has become my new dream job #goals)
22. The Home T: Not only is their clothing super comfortable, but a minimum 10% portion of your proceeds go towards Multiple Sclerosis research.
23. Grounds and Hounds Coffee Co.: Through each sale of their fair trade & organic specialty coffee they support rescue initiatives that help provide a second chance for dogs! 20% of all profits go towards their rescue organizations to help make their mission of giving dogs a second chance into a reality!
24. MittsCoots: Give warmth this season! Each item purchased an equal item is sent to someone in need given on your behalf. MittsCoots offers blanks, beanies, gloves, and scarves that when purchased is given to local and national charities to be delivered to help homeless keep warm and get back on their feet.
25. Lotto Love Card: A fun concept affordable gift idea that gives back for good! Each card is a winner where each instant scratch gives back to an associated charity in need. Each card can give back items such as clean water, solar energy, literacy tools and nutritious meals.
I hope you all enjoyed these 25 gifts as much as I did curating them!