Seattle happens to be one of our favorite cities, it is ever-changing, surrounded by high rises and just a short drive outside of the city to some of the most beautiful hiking in the country. It’s a great mix of both relaxation and adventure! So when given the opportunity to take advantage of exploring our city we jumped at the offer.
The beautifully renovated Charter Hotel is located in the heart of downtown walking distance to Pike Place and the Space Needle and hosts some of the best views and food in the city. Whether you live in Seattle or are planning a vacation we’re sharing some of our favorite things to do around the city!
Where to Eat and Drink:
- Drinks and Apps at the Fog Room located at the Charter Hotel- Gorgeous city views, we suggest going around sunset so you can see the sun hit the high rises and glimmer that perfect Seattle sunset! Don’t miss out on their pork cheeks, local oysters and flourless cake.
- Dinner at Patagon, which you will find in the lobby of the Charter Hotel. Our meal there was incredible, we feasted on Beef Tartare, Burrata and fig salad, clams in garlic white wine sauce and a 3lb rib eye that we all shared. The best part of the meal was the delicious drinks that accompanied dinner and the ambiance. Even without staying at the Charter Hotel we will be going back for dinner soon.
- Night Cap at the Smith Tower Speakeasy- on the south side of downtown and located in Pioneer Square is iconic Smith Tower building one of the oldest in Seattle. During the day you can tour the building and in the evenings a speakeasy on the 35th floor opens up with beautiful 360 views of downtown and surrounding areas.
What to do around the city:
- Pike Place- pick up some fresh flowers or a handmade souvenir at the unique Pike Place Market
- See the original Starbucks- just across from Pike Place is the original Starbucks!
- Space Needle- newly renovated with a floor that is glass to see through this is a definite must for any Seattlite or visitor! On a clear day, you can see Rainer peek over the city!
- Seattle Great Wheel- enclosed Ferris wheel on Pier 57 makes this a fun activity to do year-round!
- Catch a game- Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders and soon a new hockey team!
- Rent a car and go for a hike (Poo Poo Point, Rattlesnake Ridge, Snow Lake, Lake 22 and Franklin falls) just to name a few.
- Take a ferry and see the islands! Bainbridge is a quick easy ferry from downtown and is a quaint little island! Fun to visit for the day and includes cute local shops and wineries around the city!
- Rent a kayak or even a hot tub boat and explore the houseboats in south lake union
- Take a Seaplane ride and explore the city from the sky
Kahla + Rechelle